OPPT Court Cases
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortgage Default

3 posters

Go down

Mortgage Default Empty Mortgage Default

Post  freedomseeker Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 am

I have a court judgement for defaulting on my mortgage, should I send the Judge a courtesy notice? I have sent to the bank and the sheriff's office.

Peace and blessings.

freedomseeker

Back to top Go down

Mortgage Default Empty DeleteDelete

Post  Bereagun Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 am

delete

Last edited by Bereagun on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleting online person)

Bereagun

Back to top Go down

Mortgage Default Empty Re Challenge the Judgement

Post  freedomseeker Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 am

Thank you Bereagun. I feel all alone here in Canada. I wish I had known about this site before my case got to court. I would have known what to do. when I contacted a lawyer after receiving the eviction notice he tried to intimidate me that its too late and I should move out of my home. IHe said I have very little control now and my only solution is to raise funds to pay the bank and also himself. I do not want to refinance as this only puts more strain on one's finances.

Your advice is very useful. Yes, I would like one on one.

Peace and Blessings.

freedomseeker

Back to top Go down

Mortgage Default Empty Re: Mortgage Default

Post  Marbolot Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 am

freedomseeker wrote:I have a court judgement for defaulting on my mortgage, should I send the Judge a courtesy notice? I have sent to the bank and the sheriff's office.

Peace and blessings.
Yes, if you received a document from the judge, by all means, you can send her/him back a Courtesy Notice. Did you send Courtesy Notices to the bank and sheriff's office?

To use the USPS as your server, use certified mail (or registered, which is more expensive and probably not necessary), with return receipt requested (green card). To be certain only the individual addressed on the envelope receives the Notice, use restricted delivery.

Marbolot

Back to top Go down

Mortgage Default Empty Re Mortgage default

Post  freedomseeker Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 am

Marbolot,
I sent a Courtesy Notice to the Sheriff's office and to the Bank's lawyer who has been corresponding with me from the beginning. She is an employee of the Bank. The Bank has its own legal department. I will not give up. When I found out the truth about the bank's mortgage scam I felt I had to challenge them by asking questions. Their immediate reaction was to close the checking account I had with them without even informing me that they were going o do this.

I also found out this Friday that the bank have pooled my credit without my knowledge. I don't know how to challenge this one in my province (Ontario).

Thank you all for your support. I will keep you updated.

freedomseeker

Back to top Go down

Mortgage Default Empty Re: Mortgage Default

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down